1. Evaluate Your Skin Type: It is normal for your skin to change with the seasons so it is important that you take a look at the products you are using. Skin tends to be more oily in the humid summer months and drier during the cold fall/winter months. Look into using a milk-based cleanser and oil-based moisturizer during these cooler months. Try Clinical Care Skin Solutions Green Stuff Cleanser and Silky Serum, or Vivant’s Cleansing Milk gentle face cleanser.
2. Moisturize Your Skin Everyday: Dry skin doesn’t stop with the face. Make sure you are moisturizing your body every day. The best time to do this is right out of the shower so you can seal in the moisture. While we are on the topic of showers; using extremely hot water can be tempting, but can be damaging to your skin and dry it out more. It is better to shower with lukewarm to warm water. Try Clinical Care Skin Solutions Everybody 24/7 Body Lotion.
3. Exfoliate: All that dry dead skin can start to build up. Using an exfoliator on a regular basis will help slough the dead skin off and allow your moisturizers to penetrate deeper into the skin. Just remember that too much of a good thing can be bad. Exfoliating every day can strip away natural oils from your skin and make your skin drier. Exfoliating once or twice a week is the suggested amount. Try Clinical Care Skin Solutions Nitty Gritty or Vivant’s Buffing Grains.
4. Get In To Your Salon Professional: This is the perfect time of year to get your facials, chemical peels and back treatments done. Your esthetician can help direct you towards at home products that will benefit your changing skin type and using professional grade exfoliators to enhance your at home routine.
5. Don’t Forget Your Sunscreen: The weather may be cooler and clouds may roll in more frequently, but that doesn’t stop the UV rays from damaging your skin. It’s still important to apply your sunscreen every day. Try Clinical Care Skin Solutions Sunshield with an SPF 30.
6. Don’t Forget The Feet: Yes, we all love boot season, but that is no reason to neglect the feet. You might not want the polish, but let’s be honest that’s never the best part of a pedicure. Come in for some relaxation and try our Spa Pedicure. You get all the love of our classic pedicure plus a leg and foot mask, hot towels and hot stone massage. How can you pass that up on a chilly evening?
7. Ditch The Bright Colors: The time for pastels and hot pinks have gone by the wayside. Start rotating in the plums, deep reds, and nudes. Try Mirabella’s new matte lipsticks in Berried and Rosy for that simple vintage look or try any of Mirabella’s Luxe Lip Glosses. They are oil based to keep the lips looking hydrated and fabulous!
Recommendations by Seven Salon Esthetician/Licensed Massage Therapist Mikayla Moore